Thursday, September 18, 2014

EOC Week 10: Evaluations


This week I will be talking about evaluations in the work place. Have you ever been evaluated at work? Was it helpful or was it pointless? What is a performance evaluation? Performance Evaluation is a constructive process to acknowledge the performance of a non-probationary career employee. An employee's evaluation shall be sufficiently specific to inform and guide the employee in the performance of her/his duties. Through experience I have one really ever been evaluated once in the work place. This was with my first job at Ppopcornnopolis. Every year the company does performance evaluations that could lead to a raise if the evaluation was a great one. When my review came up, there were two parts to this evaluation. The first part was that we had to review ourselves and the second one was that our general manager, assistant manager and shift manager all had to review each employee. Since we were a close, tight-niche family we all got to see our reviews before it was sent to upper management and corporate. I learned where my strengths were, which were creating new deserts and were my abilities could improve one, which was keeping a clean station. The review itself was helpful, hearing the feedback from my management team was very insightful and I actually learned a lot and improved on all aspect of it. The review in general for corporate though was useless and a waste of time, since they never gave anyone a raise, but at the end of the day I feel like it is something that everyone should experience, so they can improve on their work skills and grow from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment